Today I’m going to share with you some of my Wardrobe Ready tips for the change of seasons.
Now I know that some of you are reading this in Australia (Southern Hemisphere) and others are reading from the Northern Hemisphere. But these tips are relevant to everyone – we’re all changing seasons, whether it’s from Summer to Winter or Winter to Summer. To make it easier I’m going to say “Old Season” and “New Season” clothes.
With the change of Season we can start to organise and de-clutter our wardrobes. It’s a great feeling!! :o)
1) Separate your Old Season garments from your New Season ones. Put your Old Season garments to the side for now.
2) If there are items that you haven’t worn for the last two seasons and don’t think you will likely wear them again, put them to the side as well.
3) Sort out all your New Season tops, pants, skirts, knits, jackets, jeans etc into their colour groups.
4) Hang all these colour groups separately but together in your wardrobe.
5) Do the same with your accessories, shoes, boots, jewellery, scarf’s and handbags.
This is a great way to work out your mix and match pieces and create an investment wardrobe by not only always wearing one or two outfits. Mix and match jackets with different pants, skirts and tops. Jackets/blazers can go fabulously with your designer jeans and dresses over tights etc!!
5) Now, stand back and see what you really need to make your wardrobe work even better!
6) Make a list of these items and put them on your shopping/wish list.
7) Next step is to neatly fold your Old Season garments and store them away for the next season change.
8) With the garments that you don’t want any more, neatly fold them and either gift them to family and friends or donate them to your local charity store.
Now you’re ready to make room for new pieces and further add to your Fabulosity!!
Hope this was a little bit helpful and if you have any questions, as always, let me know :o)
Have a great day!!